You’ve probably noticed by now that salmon recipes are a dime a dozen. So, you’re likely here because you haven’t made up your mind about what to make for dinner yet. We’re here to convince you that this baked salmon recipe will revive your taste buds, impress your dinner date, and prove that you have some serious skills in the kitchen.
Salmon is often paired with lemon because it can brighten up the flavor of the fish; however, this easy salmon recipe combines three ingredients to brings out the rich flavor of the fish while dazzling your taste buds. When topped with a Tarragon Lime Aioli, you’ll have the best of both worlds. Chef Jim has whipped up many salmon recipes over the years, but this one may be his favorite!
Honey Bourbon Salmon Foil Packets
1 fillet of Salmon (3-5 lbs and skinless)
3 baker-style potatoes
½ pound of carrots
¼ cup honey
¼ cup of your favorite bourbon (this can be substituted with vanilla extract)
3 Tbsp of Wildwood’s Fish and Potato Seasoning
This will take some counter space but it’s totally worth it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice potatoes and carrots into ¼ in coins.
- Using an upside-down cookie sheet, lay out a piece of aluminum foil (24” x 12”) and spray foil with pan spray.
- Build layers of potato slices, carrot slices, and Wildwood’s Fish & Potato Seasoning (potatoes, seasoning, carrots, seasoning, potatoes, seasoning, etc).
- Place Salmon on top of the potato/carrot layers.
- Mix the honey and bourbon. Pour the mixture on top of the salmon.
- Spray another sheet of aluminum foil (24” x 12”) and place sprayed side down on top of the salmon.
- Crimp the bottom and top pieces of foil together to make a tight seal.
- Place in oven and cook to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. This will take approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Tear open foil on top, serve with a spoon, and enjoy!
Tarragon Lime Aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbs tarragon
Juice from 2 limes
1 tbsp black pepper
- Mix ingredients and chill.
- Serve with Honey Bourbon Salmon.
While we all love to dine out, it’s also nice to have a quality meal in the comfort of your own home. This salmon recipe is the perfect option for an easy meal with the family or a fancy dinner for a romantic date. Watch our blog for more recipes from Chef Jim, updates about what’s new, and special events. Pick up Wildwood’s Fish & Potato seasoning at either Wildwood location, Fareway in Byron, or Destination Bar-B-Q in Rochester.