Available exclusively at our Rochester location during the summer!
Bump, Set, Spike Your Way Through Summer at Wildwood!
Our Rochester location has three sand volleyball courts adjacent to the patio – which means when the weather is nice, great food isn't the only thing being served! During the summer months, we have volleyball leagues that run weekly. Contact a league organizer if you're interested in participating, or contact Wildwood in Rochester if you're interested in starting a league of your own! (Can't quite commit to a weekly league? Show up to Wildwood with friends and a volleyball to take advantage of an open court any time league isn't playing!)
- Current Leagues -
- Sand Volleyball Rules -
with respect to the rules and league play
RALLY SCORE, LET SERVE
no setting/tipping over in any direction
on the first touch on serve receive
BLOCK COUNTS AS FIRST CONTACT
and the blocker can make the next contact
SWITCH SIDES AT 10 OR 11 POINTS
for all 3 games
the standard sand 2s small court (women’s league members will need to adjust lines)
the standard men’s net height (women’s league members will need to lower nets)
you cannot make contact with net, but you can enter the opponent’s court without touching the net if it does not interfere with opposing players
REMEMBER TO REPORT SCORES
(wins/losses – not scores of individual games)
- Substitutions -
If there is a conflict with schedules, playing with a sub is preferred instead of re-scheduling.
During League Play
- Open subs (even existing league players). Use players who are on bye weeks
• Only subs who have played during league play previously
may play during play-offs
• Existing league players can be used as a sub only if not already
playing in playoffs
• All others must be pre-approved by league organizer
- Weather Cancellations -
Heavy Rain or Lightning
• Please still show up to the courts – sometimes the weather subsides or it may not be raining there
• We will stop if lightening is seen nearby
• We will play in light rain – so dress accordingly!
- Playoff Process -
• Top 7 teams make playoffs
• Format is best of 3 games, to 21, win by 2, no cap
• Subs: see notes above
- Wildwood Notes -
By joining this league, you are signing a waiver that you will not pursue Wildwood Sports Bar & Grill and/or its Affiliates in case of injury.
NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL PERMITTED ON THE GROUNDS. This includes spectators. Water & sports drinks are permitted.
Be an adult, pick up after yourself, be respectful of the facility & employees.
Use areas other than the patio to store your personal items while playing.